Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Men’s Hive does not send Spam or sell email addresses.
About Men’s Hive and the Information We Collect
Profile Information submitted by Members to Men’s Hive
Men’s Hive is an online social networking community that connects cyclists through networks of friends for communicating, sharing and meeting other cyclists. To accomplish this, each Men’s Hive Member creates his or her own user profile, which contains the personal information that the Member chooses to include.
This personal information includes such things as:
- The name of the member
- Gender, age, marital status and other, similar personal information,
- Location (e.g., city and state), and
- Photos, videos or other shared content uploaded by the Member to his or her profile, to the extent that it includes personal information.
Other Information submitted by Members to Men’s Hive
Men’s Hive also collects Member-submitted account information such as name and email address to identify Members, send notifications related to the use of the Men’s Hive services and conduct market research and marketing for Men’s Hive’s internal use only. You should also be aware that Members may reveal other personal information while communicating on other areas of the Men’s Hive website, e.g., while participating in discussions on Men’s Hive Forums and/or posting information on Men’s Hive Blogs, news stories, videos, and photos. This information, in turn, might be viewed by other Members or visitors to the Men’s Hive website who are not Members.
Information Not Directly Submitted by Members or Other Website Users to Men’s Hive
Finally, we also collect some information from Members, as well as from other visitors to the Men’s Hive website, that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered from all Members and visitors to the website.
Use of Information Obtained by Men’s Hive
Sharing by Members of Profile Information
The personal information of a Member contained in his or her profile will be shown to those people whom the Member chooses. Each Member has two options when choosing the level of sharing of his or her complete profile. They are:
- ”Friends” which consists only of that Member’s friends, and
- ”Men’s Hive Members” which means all members on the Men’s Hive website will have limited access to general profile information.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, REGARDLESS OF WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION A MEMBER CHOOSES TO INCLUDE IN HIS OR HER PROFILE, OR WHAT LEVEL OF SHARING HE OR SHE CHOOSES, CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER WILL BE INCLUDED IN THAT MEMBER’S “PUBLIC PROFILE,” WHICH IS AN ABBREVIATED VERSION OF A Men’s Hive PROFILE CONTAINING THE UPLOADED PHOTO, THE LOCATION, AND THE USER’S NAME. IN ORDER FOR A VISITOR TO
Display of Members’ Information
Members will go by their legal name and a member’s email address and full name will be used in the following circumstances:
- When the Member invites a friend via email to become a Men’s Hive Member,
- When a user or member shares a page on the website with the email to friend functionality,
- When the Member sends a request to another Member to add the other Member to his or her friend list,
- When a Member subscribes to a section on the website, (i.e. – user forums, profile posts, news or blog comments, etc.)
- When we send notifications to the Member relating to his or her use of the Men’s Hive service or Men’s Hive website, and
- If the Member so chooses, when we send regular notifications, weekly updates, or other news regarding the Men’s Hive service or the Men’s Hive website.
Except when inviting or adding friends or as otherwise expressly set forth herein, a Member’s email address will never be shared with or displayed to any other person. Members and their friends, and other Members within their personal networks (depending on the level of sharing a Member has chosen) communicate on Men’s Hive with each other through the Men’s Hive private messaging service, without disclosing email addresses.
Men’s Hive’s Use of Members’ Information
We use information relating to each Member’s server information, IP address, and browser-type.
Sharing of the Information this Site Gathers/Tracks
Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO MAY VIEW YOUR PROFILE AT ANY TIME. YOU CAN CHANGE THESE PROFILE SHARING SETTINGS BY VISITING THE “MY PROFILE” PAGE WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED IN. ALSO, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU’VE SUBMITTED TO THE Men’s Hive WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN YOUR Men’s Hive PROFILE, FROM LINKS PROVIDED ON THE “MY PROFILE” PAGE. YOU CAN ONLY SEE AND ACCESS THE “MY PROFILE” PAGE WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED ONTO THE Men’s Hive WEBSITE.
The Men’s Hive account of every Member is password-protected. Men’s Hive takes every precaution it can to protect the information of the Members, as well as information collected from other users of the Men’s Hive website. We use industry standard measures to protect all information that is stored on our servers and within our database. We limit the access to this information to those employees who need access to perform their job function.
Members and Users Located Outside of the United States of America
Contacting Men’s Hive.