3 Cheap Luxury Watches
Men’s Luxury Watches: A Review of the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136
Watches are one of the most timeless accessories that anyone can wear to complement their outfits. As far back as the 1700’s, society’s fashionistas and game changers wore timepieces both for their aesthetic appeal and for their functionality. By the time the 20th century came about, timepieces worn on the wrist became the fashion, and both men and women eagerly embraced the trend. Men, in particular, were keen on wearing them since luxury watches were the masculine equivalent of jewelry. Apart from being status symbols, meticulously crafted watches were also a way for stylish men to express their finely-honed personal tastes.
Since most men of the 20th and the 21st centuries shy away from wearing multiple necklaces or rings to show off their wealth and status, watches from the highly renowned European craftsmen became their favorite way to show that they had “made it,” and could thus afford to spend the equivalent of a year’s income on a precious timepiece. And in some of the world’s most opulent families, it also became the norm for sons to receive their own luxury watch upon coming of age. The wealthy Chinese families, for instance, are known to bestow a selection of expensive, top of the line watches on their prospective son-in-law as part of their daughter’s opulent dowry.
Kronen and Söhne literally means “Crown and Son” in German. The German watch making company, established in 1992, is one of the best-kept secrets of the luxury timepiece market. Well-known among some of the world’s most discerning luxury watch connoisseurs, the 20-year old company took its name from the royal concept of heritage. Just as reigning monarchs take care to preserve the crown so that they can pass it on to their sons, Kronen and Söhne’s watch makers exercise the utmost precision and technique to produce luxury watches that fathers can pass onto their sons while maintaining their pristine condition.
The Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) is one such example of the German watch making firm’s legendary craftsmanship. Measuring about 19.5 cm, the actual body of the time piece is crafted from rose gold. With its time piece having a diameter of about 4.1 cm, the watch face offers a clear view of its inner workings, with the transparent covering providing a peek into the minuscule cogs that keep the watch running.
Some of the high points of the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) model include the following:
- It’s stylish. The high polish and the rustic finish of the watch’s rose gold bezel makes for a great visual contrast against the watch’s leather strap. The size of the watch face is also substantial enough to stand out on a man’s significantly thicker wrist, but isn’t big enough to overwhelm the latter altogether.
- It’s crafted from high-quality materials. The watch strap itself is made of pure, high-grade leather, while the crucial parts of the timepiece are all hewn from stainless steel. The transparent bridge design, as seen on the watch face, reveals the high-quality luster of the watch’s numerous bits and bobs underneath the surface.
- It’s functional. The Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) model is equipped with the standard three hands: one to indicate the hours, another to mark the minutes, and yet another to show the passing of seconds. The latter hand can be used as a manual timer in certain cases. The automatic mechanical movement and automatic winding functions also serve to prevent the wearer from going through the trouble of repeatedly setting the watch. Kronen and Söhne has also equipped its Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) to resist water damage up to 50 meters (although potential wearers should note that it is not meant to be worn during activities that might cause it to be submerged in water for a long period of time). However, those who want a luxury watch that also reveals extra information (e.g., the current moon phase) might want to consider the Kronen & Sohne Luxury Tourbillion Moon Phase Automatic Mechanical White Dial Men’s Wrist Watch KS069 model instead.
- It has an adaptable look. Interested buyers have two options when it comes to purchasing the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) They can choose either a brown or a rose gold hue for the watch’s bezel. Although either color is stylish, having two options allows the buyer to differentiate themselves from other Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) wearers. The rose gold bezel, for instance, can also allow women to wear the rather handsome men’s watch so they can introduce an androgynous element into their ensemble without compromising their femininity. (Unlike the Kronen & Sohne Men's Luxury 6 Hands Mechanical Brown Leather Watch KS 144, which has a decidedly more masculine look.)
- It provides the wearer with a polished and professional look. Though the stylishness of the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) model has been established earlier in this review, it is also worth noting that the watch is also subdued enough to be worn in the workplace. The analog nature of the time piece, along with its leather and stainless steel fittings (as well as its prestigious brand name) would lend an air of credible refinement and capability to any executive wearing the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold).
- It’s reasonably-priced. Priced only slightly above mid-quality luxury men’s watches like the Tommy Hilfiger Men’s 1790970 “Sport Luxury” Stainless Steel Watch, the Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) is arguably a good deal at about USD200 (USD150 if purchased from online purveyors like Amazon.com).
The Kronen & Sohne Men's Watch Royal Carving 136 (Brown/Rose Gold) is definitely pricier than the average watch. But given the watch’s features, as discussed above, it isn’t exactly lacking in the value for money department. Thus, its purchase would be a good way to celebrate a significant personal or career milestone, such as hitting one’s 21st birthday or getting a well-deserved promotion at work.
3 Cheap Luxury Watches